Wednesday 31 July 2013

Hi! So, at the moment I'm still at CTYI but we're in the computer room today trying our hand at web journalism i.e. blogging. It's actually been mandated that we use Wordpress so I am, but as it's not co-operating at the moment I thought I'd drop in here, to my trusty Blogger.

CTYI is coming to an end, with less than a week left, and I will of course write down everything I can remember from it once I go home. I really wouldn't like to forget any of this, because it's been the best thing I've ever experienced.

Usually when I'm really looking forward to something, I blow it up in my head until it's reached such epic proportions that reality couldn't possibly match up to it. I was both astonished and elated to see that CTYI surpassed even my most ridiculous expectations. It has been, quite literally, magical. Often I feel like holidays/things I've been looking forward to pass too quickly, but the great thing about this is that each day has been so incredibly busy that it feels fulfilling. Still doesn't change the fact that I'm going to cry when it ends, but I'll know that it's been so worth it.

A lot of things follow the principle that 'you get out of it what you put into it'. I came here expecting that CTYI would be the same. In some ways it has been, but the amazing thing is that even the people who were a bit reluctant or shy seem to be having a great time. As far as I can see, there's no way you can't.

I arrived with a strange collection of things in hand, including a pirate sword, a multi-coloured dressing gown and 15 packets of Instant Noodle. Incidentally, these are common things to see in CTYI. I was shown to my room (I'm a residential student) and can I just say, it's gorgeous.

Back when I can, only two days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?